Past & Present Contacts
Partnered with Husband of Caroline Kennedy
Trillium Group LLC
Private Equity Firm
Partnered with Financial Investment, Strategic Discussions
American Investment Banker
United States Secretary of Commerce
Former First Lady of the United States, Secretary of State and Senator of NY State
Thomas Blaszczykiewicz is an entrepreneur and the former CEO of AccuMED Innovative Technologies, Inc. and is the current Owner & CEO of INNEX INNOVATIVE INDUSTRIES.
Tom founded AccuMED in 1994 with two other partners as a small cut and sew shop. By 2008, as President and CEO, he developed AccuMED into a $30+ Million developer and manufacturer of technical fabrics and medical devices.
Tom has invented many new technologies including the patented Breathe-O-Prene® that captured over 68% of the global sleep-apnea headgear market.
Tom especially enjoys the challenge of converting smaller manufacturing companies into big thinkers and his passion is bringing them a shift in company culture that drives them into mid-size market leaders. His innovative ideas, with broad-based expertise in technology development, operations, finance and business development, are the keys to his success.
After selling his ownership in AccuMED in 2010, Tom went on to found Blue Sky Vision Partners who then purchased the assets of INNEX Industries. Tom recruited a top notch local Executive Team to help INNEX INNOVATE realize his goal of being an industry leader.
Tom has transformed INNEX Industries into INNEX INNOVATIVE INDUSTRIES and into a Materials technology and device company. INNEX invests a significant amount of its revenue into product development designed to change markets. All the while INNEX has maintained a strong customer base, with worldwide sales representing 65% of INNEX’S revenue, and remained a financially strong enterprise.
The vast majority of INNEX products are designed and patented with a Green initiative and are originally supplied to customer new. Once devices are worn from usage the devices are refurbished with new ceramic technology and sent back to INNEX’S global customers like new. This allows INNEX the ability to reuse the majority of the part saving customers money while decreasing waste materials in landfills.
INNEX is a forward-thinking company that strives to provide a good balance of work and quality family life for our employees with a four day work week during the summer, paid holiday and vacations, generous compensation, 401K and frequent company celebrations.
Personal Life & Biggest Hopes
Tom is happily married for 35 years and grateful to his life partner and sweetheart, Deborah, for providing him support throughout his career. Tom & Deb reside in Orchard Park, New York and together they have three daughters and two Grandchildren. Tom’s hobbies include waterskiing, snow-boarding and mountain climbing. His biggest hopes are that his daughters work hard, live happy lives and are able to thrive on their own merit to meet their dreams while adding value and kindness to help make the world a better place in their own small ways. Then pass these same values to their children.
Get In Touch With Tom
Phone: (585) 247-3575
Cell: (716) 816-9129
- Founded Sports Loc L.L.C.
- Founded Medical Preference L.L.C.
- Merged Sports Loc and Medical Preference to Co-Founded AccuMED
- AccuMED purchased GC -4 material corporation in the Dominican Republic
- Invented BOP® as a solution to customer skin irritation problem
- $12M partner buy-out and raised $24M capital for growth
- Meeting and strategic discussions with Mr. Alan Patricof (father of venture capital, participated in funding of Apple and many others)
- Partnered with key family member of Wegmans Groceries
- Held strategic discussions Roger Altman founder of Evercore
- Partnered with Husband of Caroline Kennedy via Schlossberg and Flynn
- Strategic Discussions with Wilbur Ross now Secretary of Commerce in Trump Administration
- Created fabric technologies portfolio based on the core BOP® SilverTEC, eShield, Xtreme
- Built multinational customer base – 3M, ResMED, Under Armor, Ridell, Adidas, Cardinal Health, etc.
- Transformed AccuMED’s image from a non-technology company to a technology company and leader
- Founded R&D division started in India with 14 engineers and medical professionals
- China and India manufacturing
- Worldwide distribution networks
- ISO 9001 Certification
- Low cost manufacturing set-up in Dominican Republic
- Sold AccuMED Technologies to publicly traded company
- Formed Blue Sky Vision Partners to locate/acquire material technology company
- Blue Sky Vision Partners purchase of INNEX Industries
- Formed INNEX Advisory Board of high level WNY executives
- Transformed machine shop to technology company
- Created the ability to develop ceramic and cermet powders
- Developed first and only FDA compliant ceramic for pharmaceutical and food grade
- Established first commercial EDM grade ceramic
- Built a vast portfolio of patents around pharmaceutical material and tooling
- Patented ceramic, plastic, electronic, magnetic, textiles and mechanical designs
- Citibank SBA Company of the Year
- Ernst and Young Entrepreneur of the Year
- Beta Award for Manufacturing
- Business First Fastest Growing Company list
- Press Conference and recognition from Hillary Clinton
- First Niagara Bank Manufacturing Excellence in Innovation
- Patent Vast Breathoprene Materials
- Patent Vast Breathoprene finished product designs
- Patent Metal Detectable Ceramic meet FDA requirements
- Patent EDM capable Ceramic
Not For Profit Activities
- Founder/Chairman: Blaszczykiewicz Foundation was responsible for funding of a multi-Million dollar 3 Tesla state of art MRI technology to DENT Institute a nonprofit in our community to help the diagnosis and treatment of brain tumor patients and patients with neurological disorders. “Turn brain tumor patients into brain tumor survivors”.
- Fund raisers:
- Mt. Rainer Climb
- Mt. Kilimanjaro Climb
- Peaks for Progress Climb ADK
- Peaks for Progress Climb ADK
- Golf Fundraisers: WNY Corporate Open
- Dent Foundation Board
- Niagara University, Advisory Board
- Buffalo Niagara Partnership Board
- Board of Directors of DNRC a nonprofit arm of Dent Neurology
- Buffalo Niagara Partnership: Founded Advisory Board to pilot Mentoring Program for companies that do not have the resources for an internal board of directors
Tom’s Current Focus
Transforming the Ceramic Industry similar to how he transformed the Medical Materials market and transformed the Sleep Apnea Market with his patented technology utilized by greater than 50% of world Market.
Develop new and exciting materials for Battery companies to utilize Ceramic Tooling to pump and process liquids, compacting powders to achieve maximum density and cutting of materials utilized.
A strong team at INNEX who is focused, committed and enjoy working with customers on new developments while improving INNEX’S capabilities on a daily basis.
The new Ceramic Technology Tom has developed and patented will open the door for exciting new applications for Ceramic to be utilized as a primary material in the manufacturing of Pharmaceutical Tablets for the Pharmaceutical Industry as well as applications in Food and Medical markets. This new technology will reduce cost and increase efficiency and enable US companies the ability to bring home our manufacturing of Pharmaceutical manufacturing.
The Development of a high grade Nano Ceramic, that can be machined using Electric Discharge machining, will revolutionize the Ceramic industry and eliminate the use of rudimentary labor intensive ceramic machine grinding with expensive diamond wheels.
Tom is now enthusiastically looking for strategic acquisitions and partnerships that will bring these products to market as well as the manufacturing capabilities to bring these to USA and world markets alike.
We are currently looking for strategic partners for new developments of orthopedic and electronic/shielding applications to revolutionize and change the market.
Best Business Trips
First Business trip with his original young partners Joe DiMaria, David Holfoth visiting NYC and after-hours singing New York, New York. “If you can make here you can make it anywhere.”
During a recent trip with his best friend and original Partner David Holfoth, after a successful trip in Vienna, they enjoyed a meeting during a stop-over in Moscow across from the Kremlin and enjoyed Russian Caviar, Borchardt and Vodka. Growing up during the cold war and having eastern European heritage this was very special to Tom.
Most Reckoning Conversation
While negotiating the sale of AccuMed with ResMed, Tom had an offer from ResMed for $31,000,000. The CEO of ResMed called and Tom explained that he was golfing at a fundraiser, but was looking to get $33,000,000 for AccuMed. He was told by the CEO that if he asked for any more money he would be the one who would need a fundraiser. ResMed was his biggest customer and the message hit home.